Need more information?
A. Who We Are
Our website address is: https://www.smartcarcheck.com and is operated by Smart Car Check Ltd, a registered company in England, powered by Vehicle Databases Inc. (“Vehicledatabases.com”) .
B. The Privacy
C. The Website
This Website and its owners take user privacy incredibly seriously. All steps are taken to minimise the collection of personal data and to protect the privacy of its web users throughout the site. This Website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Your credit card or debit card information is transferred to and processed by Stripe. We do not store your credit card or debit card information on any of our servers. We will retain your name and email address to provide you with a link to the report.
D. The Personal Data
We Collect and Why We Collect it
When you visit our Website, contact us by email, we collect the following information:
1. For the purpose of user account creation. We will require an email address to create a user account on our Website. The user account is processed and stored for as long as the user agrees to use any of our services on the website.
2. For the purpose of providing services: We will require an email address, first name, last name, phone number (optional), information about payment for the service and other information voluntarily provided by you.
3. Information about your computer, your visits and use of the Website and/or Mobile App, including your IP address and time and date of login to the Website and/or Mobile App. These data shall be processed on the basis of your consent and stored for as long as you use the Website.
4. Any other personal data, which may be provided by you at any time in the course of our communication: by email or phone. These data shall be processed on the basis of your consent. In case you submit a complaint, claim or request by email, in writing or otherwise, the data voluntarily provided by you shall be processed for the purpose of administration of such complaint, claim and/or request.
E. How we use your data
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected. For example, we may use your personal information to:
1. reply to enquiries you send to us via our support channels.
2. refund payments made if requested/appropriate.
F. When we share your data
We will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
– you have provided your explicit consent for us to pass data to a named third party;
– we are using a third party purely for the purposes of processing data on our behalf and we have in place a data processing agreement with that third party that fulfils our legal obligations in relation to the use of third party data processors; or
We are required by law to share your data.
In addition, we will only pass data to third parties outside of the EU where appropriate safeguards are in place as defined by Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer with your consent. We use Google analytics, a third party software, to collect user data and monitor their activities on our Website. Cookies help us to improve our Website and to allow users to have a more enjoyable browsing experience when using the Website.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies and some browsers allow rejecting only third-party cookies. At the end, you have the authority about the decision to allow or reject the usage of cookies. For more information, see the user guide of your browser or device. However, please note that rejecting all cookies will have a negative impact on the use of the Website and you will not be able to use all services provided on the Website without them.
H. Social Media
All information provided by you using social media (including the use of Like and Follow buttons and other communication) is controlled by the social network controller. The Website contains links to our social media accounts. Currently, we have the following social media account:
Facebook: @smartcarcheck.uk; Facebook privacy notice is available at https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.
We recommend that you read the privacy notices of third parties and directly contact service providers if you have any questions as to how they use your personal data.
I. Personal Data of Children
The services provided on the Website are intended for people over 13. In case of reasonable suspicion that we are processing the data of persons younger than specified herein, we shall delete such data from the databases. Please note that after we get informed, the deletion process will start immediately and will be completed within 5 business working days.
J. Recipients of the Data
We may disclose the information about you to our employees, managers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors, if reasonably necessary (e.g. financial transactions on the Website may be processed by our payment service providers), Website hosting providers, server and server maintenance providers, email service providers, etc.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
– if required to do so by law;
– in order to protect our rights or interests (including the transfer of your data to third parties with the purpose of recovering your debt to us).
In each case of transfer of your personal data to a third country, one of the following conditions shall be met:
(i) the data is transferred to a country for which a decision on adequacy has been made;
(ii) data transfer is carried out using appropriate safety measures required by legislation;
(iii) if data cannot be transferred in accordance with points (i) and (ii), derogations set out in legislation shall be observed.
K. Security of Personal Data
Your personal data shall be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 in the UK. When processing your personal data, we implement organisational and technical measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, disclosure as well as from any other unauthorised form of processing.
However, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee secure transmission of data over the internet.
L. Your Right
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the right to:
– submit a written request to receive information whether we process any data related to you; if we do, you have the right to access your personal data and receive the following information: purposes of data processing; categories of personal data; data recipients or categories of data recipients who have received or will receive your personal data; where possible, the expected period of storage of personal data or, where not possible, the criteria for determining the storage period;
– request to rectify inaccurate data or supplement incomplete personal data related to you;
– request that we delete your personal data. Nevertheless, this right is not absolute and can only be justified by at least one of the following reasons: personal data are no longer needed to achieve the purposes they were collected or otherwise processed for; you decide to withdraw your consent to process your personal data, where your data is processed solely on the basis of consent and there are no other grounds for the processing of your personal data; your personal data have been processed unlawfully; your personal data must be deleted when we are legally required to do so;
– request that the processing of your data be restricted in one of the following cases: you dispute the accuracy of the data (in such case, the processing shall be restricted for the time period that allows us to verify the accuracy of your personal data); the processing of your personal data is unlawful and you do not agree that your personal data be deleted and instead request that their processing be restricted; we no longer need your personal data for processing purposes, but you need them for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims. Where the processing of your personal data is restricted, such personal data may be processed (except storage thereof) only with your consent or for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending legal claims and/or protecting your or other person’s rights or for reasons of public interest;
– withdraw consent to process your personal data, where personal data is processed solely on the basis of your consent;
– request that your personal data processed by us be transferred to another data controller, where technically feasible;
– submit a complaint to us or the State Data Protection Inspectorate, if you believe that your rights as a data subject have been and/or may be infringed.
M. Third-party Websites
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential and for any actions (data transmission, placed orders, etc.) carried out on our Website using your login information. You may not disclose your password to third parties. If our Website services are used by a third party who has logged in using your login information, we shall assume that it is you. If you lose your login information, you can use the forgot password to reset it or inform us about it via email.
You are responsible for the accuracy, correctness and completeness of information provided by you. In case of changes to your personal data, you must immediately inform us about it by amending the data in the registration form or, if the data is not provided in the registration form, writing to us by email. In no event shall we be liable for the damages incurred by you due to incorrect or incomplete personal data provided by you or your failure to inform us of changes thereto.
Users can communicate with the website owners using the contact form provided, but do so by their own choice. Any personal information provided in the form will be kept private and is securely stored until there is no need to keep the email, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 2018.